thebtbc.com
April 19, 2014, 02:44:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Your Ad Here
News:

Home   Help Arcade Search Chat Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Chavez v. Martinez  (Read 1267 times)
Green*Machine
All-Time Legend

View Profile
« on: June 18, 2012, 10:09:14 PM »

So based on what we saw Saturday, what do you think?

If Martinez is smart, he'll push for a bigger ring and find a way to ensure that Chavez doesn't come into the ring at 200 pounds on fight night.  Something tells me everything will tilt in Jr.s favor though.

Martinez wins by decision, or loses by bullshit decision. 

thebtbc.com
« on: June 18, 2012, 10:09:14 PM »

Eddie
Hall of Famer

Sweet Science Lover

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2012, 06:56:02 AM »

Martinez doesn't have to push for a bigger ring. He just has to make sure that everything will be FAIR. A normal-size ring (mandatory in Nevada), 10 ounce gloves that will be weighed before the fight, at least piss-tests.

Martinez wins this easy. While I find it ridiculous the way Dwyer (the youtube guy) tried to defend the Bradley's robbery....I agree more with the other half of his video (from 13 min 45 sec on). Martinez will be too much for Chavez Jr. Julio is made for Martinez.

Sergio Martinez v. Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. - Dwyer / GamblersAdvisory.Com

I still don't see all that greatness in Chavez Jr. To call him a "talented pressure fighter", or "excellent pressure fighter" is a big overstatement.

Driver of Alvarez and Gamboa bandwagons

"WBA: We-Be-Askin'; WBC: We-Be-Collecting ; IBF: I-Be-Felonious"  - Teddy Atlas -
thebtbc.com
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2012, 06:56:02 AM »

D.Andrew
Regional Champ

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2012, 07:59:58 AM »

I think the fight will be closer than I originally thought (ie Not an early KO) because Jr is significantly improving. However, he is too slow in hand and foot speed to deal with Martinez. If Lee had better foot movement, he would have walked Jr into bombs. Jr has the chin to withstand it but who knows when it would chink. Martinez would do this strategy all night. There is no way that Martinez would stay on the ropes to allow Jr to hook to the body. The fight will not be too exciting because it will appear that Martinez is running and Jr is chasing (while taking counter shots) all night. Also, Martinez cannot afford to get hurt once in the fight because the ref will stop it early in Texas.

I would rather see Jr fight Pavlik. They are both slow pressure fighters. Pavlik's power is from the outside while Jr's is on the inside. Someone would definitely get hurt.

Regardless of who fights Jr, I think they should insist on VADA testing.
thebtbc.com
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2012, 07:59:58 AM »

daika
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2012, 09:30:56 AM »

Martinez pot shots Jr all night to a wide unanimous decision. Jr is too easy to hit for Martinez it will b e a wipe out. Unless Jr puts in he kind of pressure Margarito puts, and Martinez doesn't slip and slide. I just don't see Martinez staying on the ropes taking punishment, he will be moving all night while throwing bombs.
Eddie
Hall of Famer

Sweet Science Lover

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2012, 11:02:11 AM »

Martinez pot shots Jr all night to a wide unanimous decision. Jr is too easy to hit for Martinez it will b e a wipe out. Unless Jr puts in he kind of pressure Margarito puts, and Martinez doesn't slip and slide. I just don't see Martinez staying on the ropes taking punishment, he will be moving all night while throwing bombs.
this. Martinez has the unique ability to throw power shots while seemingly moving. It doesn't take long for him to re-set his feet and throw bombs. That's what makes him almost unique right now. Junior has to re-set his feet each and every time he wants to land something big. Martinez is too smart to let Chavez sit in the pocket and load his punches. He just has to dance around him, confuse Jr. It's an easy UD, IF it's in Vegas.

Otherwise, if he'll be fighiting Jr in Texas...he has to knock Jr out. I can see Martinez targeting the body early (first 3 rounds), the go upstairs for the remainder of the fight.

"WBA: We-Be-Askin'; WBC: We-Be-Collecting ; IBF: I-Be-Felonious"  - Teddy Atlas -
Smooth
All-Time Legend

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2012, 12:31:29 PM »

Here is the bottom line:

Chavez throws punches with bad intentions but needs to have his feet set in order to unload his power shots. He's a very predicable boxer... he walks forward in straight lines then lowers his head, plants his feet and begins launching big shots.

Chavez simply won't be able to do this against Martinez and will get absolutely schooled in the process.

Driver of the Ward, Andrade, Bradley and Broner bandwagons
richiemerc
All-Time Legend

Amy come back...I'll be Good!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2012, 02:14:51 PM »

am i the only one that believes joke jr., arum and the wbc will find away to not let cashcow jr. get in the ring with martinez.

it appears a lot of the ex bute fans who praised butes lacky resume are doing it here with joke jrs resume.
who's andy lee??? so what he beat andy lee! why the fck was lee given a shot at a belt?
come on!

vvv
            cracks me up
http://i44.tinypic.com/16kyg7t.gif

http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/633/sitebadgeaugustus.jpg
Smooth
All-Time Legend

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2012, 02:43:48 PM »

am i the only one that believes joke jr., arum and the wbc will find away to not let cashcow jr. get in the ring with martinez.

The date is set.  Sept 15. HBO PPV.

Driver of the Ward, Andrade, Bradley and Broner bandwagons
Eddie
Hall of Famer

Sweet Science Lover

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2012, 04:08:47 PM »

it appears a lot of the ex bute fans who praised butes lacky resume are doing it here with joke jrs resume.
who's andy lee??? so what he beat andy lee! why the fck was lee given a shot at a belt?
come on!
I'm no Bute fan, far from it. But, untill he got hurt, he was more than helding his own vs Froch.

Jr is much more of a bum than Bute is.

Jr needed a pass from his testing duties and a smaller ring and probably "special" gloves to beat Andy Lee. I don't recall Bute asking for such obvious advatages.

thebtbc.com

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: