thebtbc.com
October 21, 2014, 11:42:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Your Ad Here
News:

Home   Help Arcade Search Chat Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Steward concerned about JC Jr. drug test  (Read 331 times)
Green*Machine
All-Time Legend

View Profile
« on: June 18, 2012, 10:02:06 PM »

http://theboxingtribune.com/2012/06/emanuel-steward-concerned-about-chavez-jr-drug-test-for-lee-fight/

These are valid concerns.  What good is a mandatory test if a fighter is allowed to fight without giving the required sample? 

The weight issue is long standing with JC too, and he's not the only fighter that gains crazy weight after the weigh in. 

thebtbc.com
« on: June 18, 2012, 10:02:06 PM »

daika
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2012, 05:25:31 AM »

There should be no flexibility when it comes to testing. He should lose his title just for that.

As for re-hydrating over night that one is a difficult issue. If you don't let a fighter re-hydrate overnight it might become a near death experience ala odlh v pac . If you let a boxer re-hydrate to more than 20lb above his opponent then he might just kill his opponent in the ring. I remember Cotto used to make 140lb but would rehydrate to almost 160lb on fight night essentially making it a Junior welter weight v Middleweight bout.
With the way JCC Jrs team are going about things, the only fans he will have will be in Mexico because the rest of us just aren't convinced about this guy.
thebtbc.com
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2012, 05:25:31 AM »

Eddie
Hall of Famer

Sweet Science Lover

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2012, 06:48:24 AM »

There should be no flexibility when it comes to testing. He should lose his title just for that.

As for re-hydrating over night that one is a difficult issue. If you don't let a fighter re-hydrate overnight it might become a near death experience ala odlh v pac . If you let a boxer re-hydrate to more than 20lb above his opponent then he might just kill his opponent in the ring. I remember Cotto used to make 140lb but would rehydrate to almost 160lb on fight night essentially making it a Junior welter weight v Middleweight bout.
With the way JCC Jrs team are going about things, the only fans he will have will be in Mexico because the rest of us just aren't convinced about this guy.
Agree with you, bro.

He "forgot" to test, and they "forgot" to test his butt for the second time in a row. Only in Texas, baby! I'm basically speechless, since I've said so many times how I feel about it.....it's beating a dead horse.

I'm glad Emanuel is trying to do something, to stand for his fighters and for boxing. It was about damn time, Emanuel!

Driver of Alvarez and Gamboa bandwagons

"WBA: We-Be-Askin'; WBC: We-Be-Collecting ; IBF: I-Be-Felonious"  - Teddy Atlas -
thebtbc.com
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2012, 06:48:24 AM »

richiemerc
All-Time Legend

Amy come back...I'll be Good!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2012, 02:07:25 PM »

joke jr.
so blatant. and wbc condones this kind of behavior.
i say no more championship fights allowed in dicky coles texass!

vvv
            cracks me up
http://i44.tinypic.com/16kyg7t.gif

http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/633/sitebadgeaugustus.jpg
thephilosopher
Contender

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2012, 12:17:05 AM »

I am concerned as well ... the dude is dirty
thebtbc.com

Pages: [1]
  Print