thebtbc.com
November 24, 2014, 01:43:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Your Ad Here
News:

Home   Help Arcade Search Chat Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Saul Alvarez vs Paul Williams  (Read 846 times)
Eddie
Hall of Famer

Sweet Science Lover

View Profile
« on: May 23, 2012, 08:23:32 AM »

What do you guys think about it?

I'd say Alvarez by KO. Williams hasn't learned substantially anything from his other performances, so we'll know what to expect from him. Canelo is the wild card, but if he ever would get into a shootout with Paul Williams, I can't see anything but Williams to be on the receiving end of a knockdown, to say the least. Canelo has frightening power, is a clever body puncher, is a good finisher. And we all know that Williams WILL get hit hard in this fight, more than once.

Alvarez by middle-to-late KO.

Driver of Alvarez and Gamboa bandwagons

"WBA: We-Be-Askin'; WBC: We-Be-Collecting ; IBF: I-Be-Felonious"  - Teddy Atlas -
thebtbc.com
« on: May 23, 2012, 08:23:32 AM »

daika
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2012, 10:37:59 AM »

Alvarez is slowly proving himself and winning me over. Believe me beating Shane Mosley is no ordinary feat. He packs quite a punch as well. Body work is just terrifying. Paul Williams is very hittable but you have to be able to take a punch to give one or two back.
It would be a good test for Canelo, another stepping stone. i don't see Williams redeemimg himself here
thebtbc.com
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2012, 10:37:59 AM »

Eddie
Hall of Famer

Sweet Science Lover

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2012, 11:04:48 AM »

Alvarez is slowly proving himself and winning me over. Believe me beating Shane Mosley is no ordinary feat. He packs quite a punch as well. Body work is just terrifying. Paul Williams is very hittable but you have to be able to take a punch to give one or two back.
It would be a good test for Canelo, another stepping stone. i don't see Williams redeemimg himself here
The thing is, Williams does not have great punching power. When up close he throws pit-pat punches, just look at the Lara fight. While he may be piling up points, Canelo will gradually slow him down and stop him.

I really can't see any way, shape nor form in which Canelo could lose other than by robbery or cuts.

Driver of Alvarez and Gamboa bandwagons

"WBA: We-Be-Askin'; WBC: We-Be-Collecting ; IBF: I-Be-Felonious"  - Teddy Atlas -
thebtbc.com
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2012, 11:04:48 AM »

Boxing Buckeye
Novice

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2012, 11:50:35 AM »

I don't think Canelo has seen volume punching like he will see against Williams. I think it will take him 3/4 of the fight to start REALLY getting through to do damage, and by then it will be to late to get the KO. However Alvarez' punches will be the harder shots throughout the fight and will give him five out the first nine rounds and the last three by a wide margin. Canelo 8-4.

To my mind, anyone who flattened Rocky Marciano and put three bumps on Jake LaMotta's melon ranked between astronaut and Lakota warrior on the delicately calibrated scale of badasses- J.R. Moehringer
Smooth
All-Time Legend

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2012, 02:53:30 PM »

Williams poor defense will be his undoing here.  I think he may get stopped after giving Canelo some serious problems for the first 5 or so rounds.

Driver of the Ward, Andrade, Bradley and Broner bandwagons
Kid Blast
World Champ

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2012, 06:13:07 PM »

Canelo by dominant UD or late stoppage.

My game ain't over...Whether I am walking or not walking, my game ain't over until the Lord takes my life."-Paul Williams (September 2012)
thebtbc.com

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: