thebtbc.com
September 30, 2014, 10:50:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Your Ad Here
News:

Home   Help Arcade Search Chat Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you feel about Manny's alleged stance on same-sex marriage?  (Read 3260 times)
bigswa
Host
Hall of Famer

The Boxing Show that Goes Toe to Toe

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2012, 12:49:49 AM »

Let's keep it on Boxing. If you agree with Sam-Sex Marriage I respect you. If you don't I respect you, as well.  This is a Boxing Forum. Let's not lose our focus. Cheers

thebtbc.com
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2012, 12:49:49 AM »

Paul Magno
Administrator
All-Time Legend

"What's my name?!?"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2012, 03:21:12 AM »

Let's keep it on Boxing. If you agree with Sam-Sex Marriage I respect you. If you don't I respect you, as well.  This is a Boxing Forum. Let's not lose our focus. Cheers

I'm against you saying that, but respect your right to post it... Grin

Check Out Our Website, The Boxing Tribune: http://www.theboxingtribune.com/
thebtbc.com
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2012, 03:21:12 AM »

Eddie
Hall of Famer

Sweet Science Lover

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2012, 05:49:26 AM »

@ Paul: I think it's a cop-out that people who don't believe and gay people can use marriage, maybe the last thing that's sacre in this world, just because "hey, it's their right".

I still don't understand the "right" of getting married. I understand the right of expressing yourself, the right to vote, etc etc. But getting married?

It should be like the hindu third-eye. You want one? Be a true hindu. Then we'll talk about it.

Marriage: do you believe in God? If you don't, don't even think about it.

All of a sudden people marry "because that's what you do after a while", or because it's a reason to make a big party, etc etc. Comunists and atheists can get married too. Isn't a cop-out to steal a page from something holy (don't come with that thing that it's unholy because for some of uf IT IS holy) just because "hey, it's my right to do it"?

I stand by my claims. Nothing against gay people nor lesbians. Just can't stand transforming marriage into a masquerade (already I can't stand a lot of people that do it for conveniency purposes), a worse masquerade than it already is.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 12:05:55 PM by Eddie » Logged

Driver of Alvarez and Gamboa bandwagons

"WBA: We-Be-Askin'; WBC: We-Be-Collecting ; IBF: I-Be-Felonious"  - Teddy Atlas -
thebtbc.com
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2012, 05:49:26 AM »

Kid Blast
World Champ

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2012, 09:07:01 AM »

Let's keep it on Boxing. If you agree with Sam-Sex Marriage I respect you. If you don't I respect you, as well.  This is a Boxing Forum. Let's not lose our focus. Cheers

I'm against you saying that, but respect your right to post it... Grin

THAT'S  LIKE SAYING YOUR AGAINST HOMOSExUAL ACTIVITY BUT RESPECT THEIR RIGHT TO DO IT!! Smiley lmfao
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 09:10:49 AM by Kid Blast » Logged

My game ain't over...Whether I am walking or not walking, my game ain't over until the Lord takes my life."-Paul Williams (September 2012)
Kid Blast
World Champ

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2012, 09:10:08 AM »

"Isn't a cop-out to steal a page from something holy ..." Tell that to Ron Borges

My game ain't over...Whether I am walking or not walking, my game ain't over until the Lord takes my life."-Paul Williams (September 2012)
Gooseman
Contender

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2012, 04:59:39 PM »

It's a cop out to say you have nothing against fat people and yet everyone of you hate's Dan Rafael and even call him Fat Rafael or Fat Dan! Shame on you, HYPOCRITES!
 Grin
bigswa
Host
Hall of Famer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2012, 08:52:38 PM »

It's a bunch of Bitches on this Board. Yeah I said It.

Paul Magno
Administrator
All-Time Legend

"What's my name?!?"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2012, 01:15:04 AM »

It's a cop out to say you have nothing against fat people and yet everyone of you hate's Dan Rafael and even call him Fat Rafael or Fat Dan! Shame on you, HYPOCRITES!
 Grin

Who says I have nothing against fat people?  Grin

Paul Magno
Administrator
All-Time Legend

"What's my name?!?"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2012, 01:16:51 AM »

"Isn't a cop-out to steal a page from something holy ..." Tell that to Ron Borges

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Oh no you didn't...

Paul Magno
Administrator
All-Time Legend

"What's my name?!?"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2012, 01:25:16 AM »

@ Paul: I think it's a cop-out that people who don't believe and gay people can use marriage, maybe the last thing that's sacre in this world, just because "hey, it's their right".

I still don't understand the "right" of getting married. I understand the right of expressing yourself, the right to vote, etc etc. But getting married?

It should be like the hindu third-eye. You want one? Be a true hindu. Then we'll talk about it.

Marriage: do you believe in God? If you don't, don't even think about it.

All of a sudden people marry "because that's what you do after a while", or because it's a reason to make a big party, etc etc. Comunists and atheists can get married too. Isn't a cop-out to steal a page from something holy (don't come with that thing that it's unholy because for some of uf IT IS holy) just because "hey, it's my right to do it"?

I stand by my claims. Nothing against gay people nor lesbians. Just can't stand transforming marriage into a masquerade (already I can't stand a lot of people that do it for conveniency purposes), a worse masquerade than it already is.

Eddie...getting married has many implications other than the romantic notion...

There's health care coverage, inheritance issues, and many other reasons why people would want to be recognized as legally married...

Aside from that legal stuff, it's just fair and decent to allow a couple to publicly demonstrate their love and commitment if they so choose...

Now, here's the deal with gay marriage from a legal standpoint:

You need a license and permit to drive, hunt, fish, open a business, etc...why should this one license be denied to people because of sexual preference? In a country with a separation of church and state, this law should not exist, since it's only based on Christian doctrine...

Churches have the right to marry anyone they choose to for any reason they choose....In the public domain, these laws need to be secular and fair across the board...

Am I against gay marriage? For me, yeah...but why do I need to control someone else's life to that degree...This anti-gay stuff is absurd. Like passing a law against people who like the missionary position...

Eddie
Hall of Famer

Sweet Science Lover

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2012, 02:19:27 AM »

Eddie...getting married has many implications other than the romantic notion...

There's health care coverage, inheritance issues, and many other reasons why people would want to be recognized as legally married...

Aside from that legal stuff, it's just fair and decent to allow a couple to publicly demonstrate their love and commitment if they so choose...

Now, here's the deal with gay marriage from a legal standpoint:

You need a license and permit to drive, hunt, fish, open a business, etc...why should this one license be denied to people because of sexual preference? In a country with a separation of church and state, this law should not exist, since it's only based on Christian doctrine...

Churches have the right to marry anyone they choose to for any reason they choose....In the public domain, these laws need to be secular and fair across the board...

Am I against gay marriage? For me, yeah...but why do I need to control someone else's life to that degree...This anti-gay stuff is absurd. Like passing a law against people who like the missionary position...
Fair points....I don't want to control their lives either. If they could call another name "legal marriage" instead of just "marriage", I'd be fine with it. There has to be a distinction, NOT of treatment, but of substance.

Gay people have the right (IMO) to demonstrate their love (as much as I'm still learning how to deal with this) publicly and stuff. THAT is a right. But to marry? Having a "subsistute" of marriage with the same civil effects? Fine with me.

"WBA: We-Be-Askin'; WBC: We-Be-Collecting ; IBF: I-Be-Felonious"  - Teddy Atlas -
Gooseman
Contender

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2012, 03:20:44 AM »

I personally don't care if they get married but I don't think they should get the benefits of the heterosexual type. What's next, can people marry their pet and collect the same benefits? gtfo.
Eddie
Hall of Famer

Sweet Science Lover

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2012, 04:51:01 AM »

I personally don't care if they get married but I don't think they should get the benefits of the heterosexual type. What's next, can people marry their pet and collect the same benefits? gtfo.
I feel you.....and at the same time I agree with some of the points Paul makes. It's hard to draw a line and justify it unequivocably.

The thing about "health care coverage, inheritance issues, etc etc" it's real. Can't change it, can't deny it. If I'd be "atheist" I'd rather refuse to these things for the sake of my principles...however, to be honest, almost nobody does it.

Gay people should have the right to be called "a couple" if they want, as much as they want. But again, I wouldn't give them the right to marry each-other. Again, no cop-out, Paul. Just how I see it.

Kid Blast
World Champ

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2012, 08:51:19 AM »

Is Fat Dan also Gay? Just asking.....  Grin Grin

Boxing Buckeye
Novice

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2012, 09:15:51 AM »

You're right. This site boasts some great boxing minds and I enjoy getting on here and seeing what others are saying/thinking/feeling about the sweet science. I feel a little guilty now about getting in on this post earlier.

To my mind, anyone who flattened Rocky Marciano and put three bumps on Jake LaMotta's melon ranked between astronaut and Lakota warrior on the delicately calibrated scale of badasses- J.R. Moehringer
thebtbc.com

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: