thebtbc.com
September 18, 2014, 08:43:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Your Ad Here
News:

Home   Help Arcade Search Chat Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you feel about Manny's alleged stance on same-sex marriage?  (Read 3251 times)
Kid Blast
World Champ

View Profile
« on: May 16, 2012, 07:08:01 PM »

UPDATE: On Wednesday, Pacquiao attempted to clarify his controversial comments, stating that he is not against homosexuality, just same-sex marriage. “I’m not against gay people,” Pacquiao said. “I have a relative who is also gay. We can’t help it if they were born that way. What I’m critical of are actions that violate the word of God. I only gave out my opinion that same-sex marriage is against the law of God.”

Also, what about the Hollywoof Mall banning him?

What say you?

My game ain't over...Whether I am walking or not walking, my game ain't over until the Lord takes my life."-Paul Williams (September 2012)
thebtbc.com
« on: May 16, 2012, 07:08:01 PM »

Boxing Buckeye
Novice

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2012, 07:47:19 PM »

OK, here we go. I don't have a problem with what Manny said. My problem is that he didn't stand by it. Sometimes you have to stand up for what you believe no matter how unpopular, that's the type of thing that can define you as a man. But Manny didn't, he caved to popularity and the almighty dollar and that's where my problem with this ordeal lies. Also to clarify: I don't believe homosexuals should be murdered (Leviticus is the old law), I do believe it is a sin but so is sex outside of marriage which I am guilty of and my sins are no less damning than anyone else's.

To my mind, anyone who flattened Rocky Marciano and put three bumps on Jake LaMotta's melon ranked between astronaut and Lakota warrior on the delicately calibrated scale of badasses- J.R. Moehringer
thebtbc.com
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2012, 07:47:19 PM »

Green*Machine
All-Time Legend

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2012, 07:53:55 PM »

UPDATE: On Wednesday, Pacquiao attempted to clarify his controversial comments, stating that he is not against homosexuality, just same-sex marriage. “I’m not against gay people,” Pacquiao said. “I have a relative who is also gay. We can’t help it if they were born that way. What I’m critical of are actions that violate the word of God. I only gave out my opinion that same-sex marriage is against the law of God.”

Also, what about the Hollywoof Mall banning him?

What say you?

From a boxing stand point...who gives a shit?

The only outside the ring stuff that bothers me is a guy being a violent criminal or a shit heel to his fans.

thebtbc.com
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2012, 07:53:55 PM »

Green*Machine
All-Time Legend

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2012, 07:54:59 PM »

OK, here we go. I don't have a problem with what Manny said. My problem is that he didn't stand by it. Sometimes you have to stand up for what you believe no matter how unpopular, that's the type of thing that can define you as a man. But Manny didn't, he caved to popularity and the almighty dollar ...

Well said.

Eddie
Hall of Famer

Sweet Science Lover

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2012, 05:13:36 AM »

OK, here we go. I don't have a problem with what Manny said. My problem is that he didn't stand by it. Sometimes you have to stand up for what you believe no matter how unpopular, that's the type of thing that can define you as a man. But Manny didn't, he caved to popularity and the almighty dollar and that's where my problem with this ordeal lies. Also to clarify: I don't believe homosexuals should be murdered (Leviticus is the old law), I do believe it is a sin but so is sex outside of marriage which I am guilty of and my sins are no less damning than anyone else's.
Agree with everything you just said...expecially the bold part Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 05:16:57 AM by Eddie » Logged

Driver of Alvarez and Gamboa bandwagons

"WBA: We-Be-Askin'; WBC: We-Be-Collecting ; IBF: I-Be-Felonious"  - Teddy Atlas -
Gooseman
Contender

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2012, 07:14:01 AM »

Here is my take. I believe Manny never said what Granville Ampong wrote.

Granville Ampong of The Examiner, did an interview with Manny Pacquiao. People claim that the article was later replaced by an edited version.

This piece is still on the site. It seems like Manny Pacquiao was quoting the bible but..

Manny claims he never said it.

I believe Manny and here is why.

Manny is a Catholic. How many Bible quoting/thumping Catholics do you know? I know zero.

There are 39 books in the old testament. Leviticus is the third. (LOL)

Catholics do not read the bible. While Catholics do know a few verses and a few prayers, they do not go around quoting scripture.

I am not defending Manny Pacquiao but if you know your Catholics, then you know what I am saying is true. Catholics are into ritual, not into reading the bible or memorizing scriptures.

I will add and close with this.

These idiots from the examiner are nothing more than shock writers. Shame on Granville Ampong for pretending to be a journalist. We should all know by now, that these guys on the examiner are nothing more than hacks (pay-per-clicks). Michael Marley and Dennis Guillermo are proof of this already. We should always take what they report with a grain of salt.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 07:37:02 AM by Gooseman » Logged
Eddie
Hall of Famer

Sweet Science Lover

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2012, 08:15:47 AM »

Here's what I know. I am Christian but I don't fell that I have to justify everything that I think or do with just "because the Bible says this or that". No, I don't know all the verses of all the books, just know few of'em. However I don't feel the need to "convert" people. That's what Manny does.

After being a womanizer he all of a sudden re-discovers his faith and all that stuff? Cm'on, man. I'm a Christian, I go to church and attend the main funtions. That doesn't mean that I don't have my own eyes and my own brain. No matter what Paul and other writers here will tell you, having a braind and believing in God...the two can coexist without a problem.

Manny's "newfound religion" is all BS. He has a PR machine behind him that's almost as good as presidential ones. He has been unfaithful many many times, but you'll barely read about it. He even has a child out of wedlock, but you'll never read about it. Meanwhile, when Mayweather "allegedly" pokes an overzealous security guard, the "so called" boxing world goes wild. Cm'on, man!
the "Pacquiao Press-Corps" (thank you Paul for creating that term) are trying to "steal" a page from George Foreman's comeback. Only thing is: George Foreman DID start to preach and read the bible before coming back to the ring!

We'll know the truth about Manny after this whole "icon" thing will be done. Then we'll know what really happened, what he really did in his life.

However, I ain't mad at Manny because he is anti-gay. In some sort or form, I support the fact that gay people shouldn't marry. At least, not get a marriage similar to what people in church get. But that's another story.

I have a problem with Manny trying to be even BIGGER, when he's not that kind of figure. He has power, he's influent, but he's not the kind of guy who will sit and talk in front of talkshows about everything without biting his tongue. He's no Ozzie Guillen nor John Riggins. He's a simple-minded guy who has appointed as the golden goose right after Mayweather left and has been properly matched to reach stardom. That's it.
And a very good boxer at that. That's it.

Alexis Arguello, another simple-minded guy, (a fighter that I adore, by the way) tried to become Major of Managua, capital of Nicaragua => as soon as he walked in, people understood that he didn't belong there. He basically was a puppet of the Sandinistas. Sometimes you just have to stick to what you do best. Otherwise, get ready for the backlash. Mayweather IS ready for the outrage that follows some of his less-than-admirable opinions (I disagree with some of'em), Guillen IS ready, Pacquiao ain't. Simple as that.

As Boxing Buckeye said: "sometimes you have to stand up for what you believe, no matter how unpopular it may be". Again, he doesn't have the testicular fortitude (nor the madness) of Ozzie Guillen. He's not THAT kind of character. He's not larger than life. He should just stick to boxing. Same (if possible but it won't happen) for Mayweather.

Driver of Alvarez and Gamboa bandwagons

"WBA: We-Be-Askin'; WBC: We-Be-Collecting ; IBF: I-Be-Felonious"  - Teddy Atlas -
Kid Blast
World Champ

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2012, 01:24:18 PM »

The only outside the ring stuff that bothers me is a guy being a violent criminal or a shit heel to his fans.

well said

My game ain't over...Whether I am walking or not walking, my game ain't over until the Lord takes my life."-Paul Williams (September 2012)
Paul Magno
Administrator
All-Time Legend

"What's my name?!?"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2012, 03:05:01 PM »

If you read my piece on this over at The Boxing Tribune, then you'd know my take.

For me, THE story here is that there are allegations that the article had been edited after the controversy started heating up....And these aren't blogger types from Boxing-nose-bleed.com, these are guys from the Village Voice and USA Today who are on the record as saying that the story up there now is not what was there in the beginning...Personally, it doesn't matter to me as a fight fan (or fight writer) whether Pacquiao wants gays dead, Mayweather wants to beat up his baby's momma or Wlad Klitschko cornholes sheep in a Ukraine dairy farm...

OK, having said that...it's a cop-out to say that you have nothing against gays, but are against them being allowed to get married...That's like saying that you have nothing against blacks, but you just don't like the idea that they can vote...Be a man and stand up for what you really believe, don't play word games. If you're confident that your beliefs aren't stupid and bigoted, then you'd man-up to them...If you quote the Bible as the absolute truth in this matter, then own up to ALL of it...Don't say, "Yeah, this is the absolute word of God and righteous at all times...except when it's not convenient to admit to it."

Pacquiao and Mayweather, both, are prejudiced, ignorant fools...or liars....one or the other (maybe both)...

Check Out Our Website, The Boxing Tribune: http://www.theboxingtribune.com/
Kid Blast
World Champ

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2012, 04:03:37 PM »

Live and let live.

Smooth
All-Time Legend

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2012, 06:33:31 PM »

So, in Pac-world it's not OK for gays to marry but yet he can cheat on his wife and cheat on his taxes?

That's called being a hypocrite and picking and choosing his biblical passages.

Driver of the Ward, Andrade, Bradley and Broner bandwagons
Kid Blast
World Champ

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2012, 08:22:13 PM »

This thing has gone virile on ESB. I have not laughed as much in years AS i HAVE at the posts. F-cking maniacs have come out of the woodwork. Jesus freaks, homophobes, flamers, Lesbos, free lovers, and a lot worse including Nazis, athiests, and sociopaths. It reminds me of Talk Radio where the announcer, David Berg, got capped by the Aryans. iT'S SCARY.  Cry Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Green*Machine
All-Time Legend

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2012, 09:04:44 PM »

Going into his (possibly) toughest opponent yet, this is the last type of distraction Pacquiao needs. 

I wouldn't be surprised one bit if Pac sustains an "injury" putting the fight off.

Dopey should have just kept his trap shut and worried about boxing.

Gooseman
Contender

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2012, 09:20:13 PM »

Angry
This is all Joe Biden's fault!

Hey SUCKA! When are you going to learn to keep yo' big mouth shut?
PHONETOOL
Global Moderator
All-Time Legend

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2012, 09:24:43 PM »

or Wlad Klitschko cornholes sheep in a Ukraine dairy farm...

lol  Grin

thebtbc.com

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: